Wednesday, January 26, 2011

GIGANTIC DIG - 01.13.11

Record snow falls came down Tuesday night Jan 11th. Within 12 hours we had 22" on the ground (yard stick measurement in my driveway). The plow service in Roxbury handled this storm about as well as Bloomberg during the Christmas Blizzard. They could only plow the lower part of the driveway. Luckily, Alan came with his plow Thurs AM. Two hours later, we finally made it down to the rink. At one point I had to snow shoe from the pool barn to get the Kabota to assist. Ed showed up and we managed to clear the rink before the sun went down. Hey our benches now have back rests!



1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you measure sunshine, but there was probably only 4" of 78 degree weather when we hit LA that same day. I probably shouldn't taunt though, because w/ my luck there'll be a huge storm just as I hit Roxbury 2/11...
    -sawyer

    ReplyDelete